The Problem – Top level strategic plans not tied to departmental objectives
Strategic plans were prepared by top management but were not well linked to departmental objectives
The Solution – Strategic departmental planning
We carried the strategic planning process down to individual departments, using the following elements:
- Departmental mission statement supporting the company mission statement.
- Assessment of current internal and external trends impacting the department.
- Departmental strength, weakness, opportunity and threat (SWOT) analysis.
- Development of strategies in response to mission statement, trends and SWOT analysis.
- Development of specific action plans in response to the required strategies.